Internally book was fine except for part of one page. For the spine I took the leather from the cover of an old law book I found at the Salvation Army Store and glued it to some nylon mesh for stability. The cloth is bookbinders cloth you can find at a few specialty stores in town. The Title on the spine is from the original binding which I did a crappy job of cutting down and glueing to the spine. I have used elmers glue for all my binding. Although it is not what you would call optimum, heated hide glue and paste being "de rigueur" for fine binding; it does have the virtue of being cheap, easy to work with, will last as long as I plan to; and most importantly can be removed should the need arise.